RocketBar is a simple solution for this which shows you how you can easily provide your users a persistent form of site navigation without them needing to scroll back up.
If you’ve been designing for a few years, you’ll know that in concept this idea isn’t all that new – it could be just as easily executed using frames or just some fixed position CSS. The difference between those approaches and RocketBar however is that your site design and navigation doesn’t have to suffer from being completed fixed in nature to implement this idea. With RocketBar, You can still use that multi-level drop down menu, or finely crafted jQuery navigation you’ve come up with this effect with without having to worry about it being cut-off or dealing with issues like z-indexing if frames were used to implement the idea.
Today we will create a very useful element for showing related posts slide out boxes menus in a blog or website. The main idea is to show a fixed list at the right side of the screen with some thumbnails sticking out. When the user hovers over the items, they slide out, revealing the title and two links, one for the related article itself and one for the demo. Additionally, we will have a shuffle button under the list. When pressed, the list gets randomly refreshed with related posts.
You may be interested in the following modern trends related articles as well.
- Related Posts Slide Out Boxes Menu with jQuery and CSS3
- Catch404 – jQuery Plugin For Handling Broken Links Smartly
- Full Page Background Image Navigation (Slide Effect) with jQuery
- 75+ jQuery Plugins: Download Powerful and Elegent jQuery Plugins & Tutorials
- Download jQuery MegaMenu 2 Plugin
- jQuery Validity Elegant and Powerful jQuery Plugin
- AviaSlider jQuery Slideshow Plugin for Your Next Project
Please feel free to join us and you are always welcome to share your thoughts even if you have more reference links related to other tips and tricks that our readers may like.
RocketBar “Stay On Top” Navigation Menu Preview:
Demo 1: https://www.addyosmani.com/resources/rocketbar/version2
Demo 2: https://www.addyosmani.com/resources/rocketbar
Download RocketBar jQuery And CSS3 Scrolling Navigation Menu
Network Related Posts:
- Catch404 – jQuery Plugin For Handling Broken Links Easily
- Download Beautiful Photo Stack Gallery with jQuery and CSS3
- 100+ Useful jQuery Plugins list
- 50+ jQuery Plugins for Validation, Uploading, Date Pickers, Auto-Suggest and Password Security
- Download Validity Elegant and Powerful jQuery Form Validation Plugin
- Download AviaSlider jQuery Slideshow plugin