Let’s begin with the very basic definition of web development. It is usually defined as the tasks involved in forming a website for the World Wide Web. Web design, coding, web content development and so on fall under the umbrella of web development itself. While searching for some product or service on the Internet you might come across some excellent websites that truly are impressive. Well, it is due to the sheer brilliance of web development that millions of websites that are live on the Internet look so flawless.
There are incredible web developers present in the industry who have created some masterpiece websites with their skills. It requires expertise to develop an apt website. And if you wish to make a bright future as a web developer, then:
Here are few tips that will help boost-up your skills
1. First comes clear lists, the unnecessary floating elements ought to be cleared off. Many developers have a hard time clearing the floating lists unless a particular height is set. Well, the plain and simple answer for this is just add two CSS properties to any relevant list container and the work is done!
2. The ever-so powerful web inspectors have an integral role to play in web development. Many web inspectors are available however, you only need to choose the best one for your site. Those who wish to have a look at the CSS changes can avail from the option of previewing them live in either Chrome or Safari.
3. Firebug has made things really simple by introducing the option of displaying two or more screens together in the very same browser. This has only added to the ease of the developers for now they will not have to change the width of the browser over and over again.
4. It is always better to go step by step. So let each object in your code play only a single role. Most of you must be wondering that what’s the purpose behind inheriting the ideal of ‘one thing at a time’. It is essential because it will make things less complicated for you. Just if something goes wrong it will be easier for you to track back through the code.
5. Get your website secured. Can you imagine what will happen if your site is hacked? A great loss in your business is inevitable so yes, you need to ensure that your site stands strong in terms of security.
6. Time is precious, it really is indeed so do not waste it by conducting the unit tests manually or through deploying. All thanks of the tech-experts that you can have the choice of automating.
7. Keep the white space to minimal. Experienced professionals suggest that white space increases the overall load time taken by a page hence, it is best to shrink down the white spaces.
8. Those who are indulged in creating responsive websites should make it a point that users do not have to zoom in or double tap. Develop the site in such a way that zooming and scaling is hardly needed.
9. Do not make puzzles out of your code. Note that, they should be easily understood by others too. Come on, you are the smart web developers from the ‘Internet age’ so don’t act lazy and do comment your code. Practice this habit as a religion. With neatly sectioned files it will become simpler for you to locate things.
10. The modern mobile devices have an inbuilt ability to make phone calls, so why not make the most out of this benefit by using it in your page code. People usually tend to use https:// as the protocol but it is wiser to use ‘tel’ in place of this.